FIDIC for PRACTITIONERS
Privacy statement under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) / Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz – BDSG)
1. Name and contact details of the controller and the data protection officer
This privacy statement applies to data processing by:
Controller: Nestor Bildungsinstitut GmbH, Alt-Blankenburg 1a, 13129 Berlin, Fax: +49 30 474096898, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The data protection officer of Nestor Bildungsinstitut GmbH can be reached under the address mentioned above (for the attention of Mr Arndt Klink) or under email@example.com.
2. Collection and storage of personal data, way and purpose of use of personal data
a) When you visit our website
When you visit our website https://www.fidic-for-practitioners.com the browser used on your terminal automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. In this process, the following information is, without any action on your part, collected and stored until automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the file retrieved,
- website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- browser used and, where appropriate, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The aforementioned data are processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring the smooth establishment of a connection to the website,
- ensuring convenient use of our website,
- evaluation of system security and stability,
- for other administrative purposes,
- performance and handling of contracts between you and us and
- for our own information and promotional purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Article 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above. In no case do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you.
b) When you use our contact form
For questions of any kind, we offer you the opportunity to contact us via a form provided on the website. It is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address so that we know who the inquiry comes from and to enable us to answer it. Further information may be provided voluntarily.
The data processing for the purpose of contacting us is conducted in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) GDPR based on your freely given consent.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be deleted automatically after processing the inquiry made by you.
3. Disclosure of data
Your personal data will not be passed on to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We only share your personal information with third parties if:
- you have given your express consent thereto in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) GDPR,
- the disclosure is necessary within the meaning of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR to establish, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in not having your data disclosed,
- there is a legal obligation to disclosure within the meaning of Article 6(1)(c) GDPR, and
- it is permitted by law and necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract within the meaning of Article 6(1)(b) GDPR.
Depending on which payment method you choose in the course of the ordering process, for the processing of payments we pass on the data collected for this purpose to the payment service provider, where applicable engaged by us. Partly, the selected payment service providers collect these data themselves provided that you create an account there. In this case, you must log in to the payment service provider’s website with your access data in the course of the ordering process. The privacy statement of the respective payment service provider shall apply in this respect.
In the cookie information is stored which arises in connection with the specific terminal used. However, this does not mean that we immediately become aware of your identity this way.
On the one hand, the application of cookies serves to make the use of the services offered on our website more convenient for you. Thus, we use so-called session cookies to recognize that you have already visited individual pages on our website. These session cookies are automatically deleted after you leave our website.
In addition, likewise to optimize usability, we use temporary cookies that are stored on your terminal for a specified period of time. If you visit our website again to use our services, it will be automatically recognized that you have already been with us and which entries and settings you have made, so you do not need to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies are necessary for the purposes mentioned in order to safeguard our legitimate interests as well as those of third parties within the meaning of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser in such a way that no cookies are stored on your computer or that a notice always appears before a new cookie is created. However, disabling cookies completely may prevent you from using all features of our website.
5. Your legal rights
You have the right:
- to request, pursuant to Article 15 GDPR, information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the purposes of the processing, the categories of the personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, the existence of the right to request the rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data or to object to such processing, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the source of your personal data, if they have not been collected on our end, and about the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about its details;
- to demand, pursuant to Article 16 GDPR, the rectification of inaccurate or completion of your personal data stored by us without undue delay;
- to demand, pursuant to Article 17 GDPR, the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- to demand, pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, restriction of processing, to the extent that the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data, we no longer need the personal data, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR;
- to receive your personal data you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another controller pursuant to Article 20 GDPR;
- to withdraw your consent given to us at any time pursuant to Article 7(3) GDPR. As a result, we will no longer be allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent in the future, and
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Article 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can lodge the complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence or workplace or of our office.
6. Right to object
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests within the meaning of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data pursuant to Article 21 GDPR to the extent that there are grounds for doing so relating to your particular situation or that the objection addresses direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection which will be implemented by us without a need for specifying any particular situation.
If you want to exercise your right of withdrawal or objection, please send an e-mail to
7. Data security
When you visit our website we use the widely used SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method along with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. In general, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. If a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form an icon showing a closed lock will be displayed in the lower status bar of your browser.
We take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against incidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
8. Updates and changes to this privacy statement
This privacy statement is currently valid and is valid as of May 2018.
As a result of the further development of our website and services offered thereon or of changes in statutory or official requirements it may become necessary to change this privacy statement. You can retrieve and print out the current privacy statement at any time on the website at https://www.fidic-for-practitioners.com/privacy.html.